Wednesday, August 09, 2006

where-i-am-wednesday-week-3

hurrah!

the gifts for the baby shower were
done just in the nick of time....


above is a painted canvas
to go on his wall...
i wanted to put ribbon on the top
to hang it with
but just ran out of danged time...
above are letters that
i bought at michaels
and painted
i hate that my pictures seem so dark!
i tried every room in the house,
with no luck...
wahhhhh.
i can't even begin to tell you
how happy i was to be
done
quilting damn
bugs...
it was my first time really
attempting to quilt something
and i learned as i went...
for example,
that i didn't have to pull
the stitches
so tight
but in the end
i was fairly happy
with the result...

and now...to focus
on the
kitchen.
ack.

7 comments:

Bridget M. said...

You know why I had to scroll very fast past the card, but the quilt and the blanket are so beautiful. I think you do amazing work and the babies in your life are very lucky!

I can't wait to see/hear what you do with the kitchen. I know it will be homey and cozy and an oasis from the outside world, just for your family to enjoy. :)

Colorsonmymind said...

WONDERFUL!

Oh you must be
so proud

I absolutely love everything
especially the letters.

Lovely

Jessie said...

If I am ever going to have a baby, I'm definately going to let you know. I mean, look at all those gifts! WOW!!! As for the bug quilt, you make me want to try it out. It looks like it would be fun and maybe even a little bit relaxing.

Little Cole is spoiled already. :)

kristen said...

All of your gifts are lovely. (=

Letha Sandison said...

What beautiful and heart felt gifts!!! Some one is very lucky!!

Deb R said...

Everything is SO cute!! You did a great job!!!

liz elayne lamoreux said...

these are fantastic!
i love, love the blankets...but i especially love the letters. nice job my dear.