Friday, November 27, 2009

day twenty-seven...searching for words.


i am searching for words tonight...
i am tired
and lonely in a house
full of people...
distracted and
unable to settle down
with one activity for very long...
i get like this in the evenings...
i sit at the computer
aimlessly searching
and surfing...
i sit at my studio desk
but nothing inspires me for long...
i really just want to be curled up
in bed with a book and some hot
cocoa
and now as i type that,
i've made a decision...
book and hot chocolate sounds
very, very good on this
dark and damp night.

thanks, nablopomo,
for helping me to make it.

4 comments:

Nat said...

Must be the night. I feel the same way... I just can't settle.

Unknown said...

sounds awfully familiar! hehe.. only i HAVE to finish the work i've got at hand =(

Char said...

i really feel my loneliest when i'm in a crowd. alone, i'm ok with my own company.

hope you had a good time relaxing with a book and chocolate.

Anonymous said...

lonely in a house full of people... i hate it when that happens