Tuesday, October 20, 2009

the bridal showcase...putting myself out there...

well.

i did it.

i set up at the bridal showcase
even though i knew that there were
going to be other photographers there...
photographers with more experience
than me...with more equipment than me...
with more training than me...
photographers who would have big
screen moniters and fancy tables
with canvases and easels and
professionally framed photos...

and then...
there was me...
with my l'il arts and crafts table...
a {painstakingly} homemade banner...
2 enormous pumpkins...
a handful of glittery leaves scattered about...
some 8X10's glued to foam core board
and showcased on my mini dollar store easels
painted with brown acrylic paint the night before.
two albums...
one of them scrapbooked...
but you know what?
i was ok with it.
because when i look at that table...
it says "me". it is me.
all of it...right down to the dollar store easels.

and i had 136 people stop by my table...
at least...and a few of them said
they knew me from my facebook page...
a couple of them said they were told by
friends to look for my table when they came...

and i feel good about it.
it was a good day.
i'll do it again next year, for sure...
{with or without a big screen moniter.}

7 comments:

Nat said...

I hope that honesty stills sells, I'd think your approach would be refreshing and well, if it were my wedding it's what I'd want.

(Love the table.)

Liz Harrell said...

thanks so much for stopping by! and i think your table looked wonderful!

leonie said...

woohoo! well done you. love your table - hope you learned a lot from it and it's encouraged you to do more, more, more

:)

Micheline said...

Inspirational for sure. I'm so glad that you did it and that it was such a success. Your table looked genuine (at least what I could see in the pictures) and that means more than glitz and glamour and fancy monitors.

Colorsonmymind said...

It has been so long since I have indulged myself in blog reading but I just peeked over, for the first time in so long.

I just did a random clap I was so excited about this post. I love your table, I love that you went as you are, because I sometimes have a hard time with that. This post gave me a shot of courage. Thank you for going and taking photos and posting it. Your table looks beautiful to me.

moe said...

i think that is the most important thing.. being yourself.
it's very brave. i don't know many people who can do it. i think you gather more attention, turn more heads that way. in an absolutely positive way, too.
which, you just reminded me of a thought i wanted to jot down! :)

Relyn Lawson said...

I think you are so brave. I love the way you fearlessly go for the things you want.