Sunday, March 15, 2009

getting ready...




my first "showing" of any kind
happens the first of april...
i'm getting a little nervous.

i went to see the space on saturday...
it is small and homey
and i like it.
there is currently an art exhibit there,
a collaboration of paintings by two women...
and next...is me.

i still find it hard to wrap my head around that.

i chose to call my collection
"in her 38th year"
as it is what it is...a collection
of images i have taken in my 38th year...
my first year of taking that real step...
of taking myself seriously.

6 comments:

Nat said...

Is it photos? If it is, the stuff I have seen is beautiful...

It will be fine. I wish you were a bit closed so I'd have an excuse to go see it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How exciting...and I'm sure it won't be the last time you wow the public with your work!

Chelsea Van Tol said...

good luck :) i'm sure it will be great.... april 1st is my birthday so i say so! hehe

liz elayne lamoreux said...

so proud of you! and i love that i can hear in your words that you are proud of you too.

bravo dear girl!

Anonymous said...

I hope you know how proud I am of you. You are so amazing and so BRAVE and so talented and so...I could go on.
You will do great my dear. How I wish I could head north and be there for the opening.
xxoo,
a.

Candy Bello said...

lovely photos!

:)
candy