Saturday, May 10, 2008

saturday nights all right....


everything is ok now.

i had been having a
funny heartbeat
for about the past month...
skipping and missing and jumping around.

went to the hospital
and after four hours on the monitor
and various blood tests
found out that apparently
there is nothing wrong...
it is innocent...
just an extra beat...
i am out of tune.

i was relieved to have them say
it was nothing...
i have been worrying about this
for the past month...
thinking i should get it checked/scared to get it checked

i would like to try to
make healthier living
a concrete goal...
to eat better, drink more water...
less pop...
walk more.

these are usual goals for me
but now i would like to add
meditation, yoga,
focusing on finding a sense of calm,
some peace....
a center.

this is foreign to me though,
other than the yoga
which i have done as an exercise class....
i have been using this site
and may look for some books,
may download some meditations onto my MP3...

i just need to learn to calm myself.

3 comments:

daisies said...

so glad to hear everything is fine ... meditation is such a good thing ... i love pema chodron's 'always maintain a joyful mind' and her site (http://www.shambhala.org/teachers/pema/) has some good information : )

happy mother's day beautiful you, xoxox

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

I wish you weel finding your peaceful place. I think it's different for everyone. My blogging has brought me a lot of joy.

Vanessa said...

so glad you're ok!
love to you
Vx