Thursday, May 25, 2006

spur-of-the-moment-poetry-thursday...

was not sure of what to write.
faltering and slow...
analyzing and consumed
with wanting to put my best foot forward...
when suddenly inspired
by a song...

caramel by suzanne vega


today
i am me
and
happy
to be...
my favorite capris,
tip-toe-dancing across the floor
to your caramel coated
siren song...
limber and quick,
silently strong,
sultry and sexy
(not caring if i
ever
belong.)
giddy with the melody
that is
me.

more poetry thursday here

and because i am such a keener
this week (heh) my
attempt at sunday scribbling
can be found here....

9 comments:

paris parfait said...

Brilliant improv poem!

bb said...

hurray for improv- fun!

Deb R said...

That is wonderfully joyful! "giddy with the melody that is me"...Yes!

Letha Sandison said...

Beautiful!! So fun and joyful!!

♥ joleen ♥ said...

love this!

acumamakiki said...

I love Suzanne.

la vie en rose said...

oooohhh i love those lyrics! good stuff

Bohemian Girl said...

caramel from suzanne vega is one of my most favorite songs.

listened to it today with the windows down and breathing in the ocean air.

i bet we were listening to it at the same time.

love your poem inspired by this.

xoxoxo,
boho

Colorsonmymind said...

I love this song too!