Tuesday, November 22, 2005

history.



We met at her birthday party.
It was at her grandparents house.
I would have been about six,
she would have been about three.

I had just moved out to the country,
she had lived there all along.
Her mother and my mother were best friends.
My family didn't know anyone else in the area.
From the beginning, our families kind of
"melted" together.
She eventually had one younger sister and
two younger brothers while I had three
younger brothers.

This picture was taken by me. I had gone on
a field trip that day and was allowed to take our
camera. I used the remaining pictures at her house
because her mom babysat me and one of my
brothers after school. She is the one in the top
corner. I had to take a picture of the picture
because the scanner isn't set up, so it's blurry,
but I kind of like it that way.

She was your typical "Curly Sue" sort of kid.
Brown hair, long in curly tangles, big melt-your-heart
brown eyes and ruddy red cheeks.

From that point on, we did everything together.

No comments: